1. Went to a Minor League baseball game in Little Rock, AR. One of our goals is to attend every Major League ballpark before we die and to see a lot of the minor league parks, as well.
2. Mud Island River Park: This is in Memphis and is a model of the entire Mississippi River. We also went through the museum that they have there and they had a replica of a river boat and Katy thought is was pretty neat. Even a 4 year old can appreciate Museums!!
3. Hiked 5 miles to Rainbow Falls--an 80 foot waterfall in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. It was absolutely breathtaking. I was reminded of this verse from How Great Thou Art as I jogged down the path:
4. Rob went to the Grand Ole Opry while I stayed with a sick baby. :-( He got to hear Alison Krauss and he said it was awesome!
5. We got an old Western picture taken of the two of us. I am dressed like a saloon girl and Rob looks like a Roughneck. It's really cute!
6. Rob went River Rafting-I was actually a little bit upset that I wasn't able to attend this one...it's the one thing I really wanted to do...but I had a wonderful time with the girls, Brynn and Carla. We took them to play Putt-Putt at Old McDonald's Farm. Katy got a Hole-in-one on the very first hole. It was a true hole-in-one, too!
7. We did a little shopping.
8. Went to Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg, Tennessee and I have to say that the Dallas Aquarium doesn't even hold a candle to this one. It is really awesome!!!
9. Took the girls to play at an Arcade: They had a big playground inside with tunnels and slides. I took Keelie up it once and then she went up it several other times all by herself. She immediately found the slide and came down sideways on her back with her arms and feet up in the air. She's really not afraid of much...Katy on the other hand, is. She wouldn't even go up the playground with me or Rob. Katy did have fun riding a motorcycle simulator with me and a NASCAR simulator.
10. Went to the Comedy Barn: This is a really funny, family friendly show. Katy loved it and Keelie watched it very intently...Brynn, however, slept through the entire show. She must have been really tired! Katy kept asking if we could go back every day that we were there. She said it was really funny, too! If you ever go to Pigeon Forge, TN, this is a MUST SEE!!!
I guess that about wraps it up. Here are a few highlight shots from the trip:






1 comment:
Great pictures!! Glad you had a good time. The mudriver waterpark sounds like fun!!
Post a Comment